It's no secret I've been in interpersonal limbo lately. Mainly just those mucked-up feelings of inadequacy and dissatisfaction that are unnecessary. Relationship-wise, those inadequacies are primarily aesthetic, mostly because it's easier to think you could be disregarded based on looks than some lack that is within your control. I started reading The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera on Christmas day, after spending the previous few nights in turmoil on what qualifies me as worthy to love and be loved. I still don't have a verdict on the book just yet, but the reading is slow because of my lack of attention and the convolution of a Czech-to-English translation. I did, however, find a passage that I really liked:
"Making love with a woman and sleeping with a woman are two separate passions, not merely different but opposite. Love does not make itself felt in the desire for copulation (a desire that extends to an infinite number of women) but in the desire for shared sleep (a desire limited to one woman)."
Being that one woman is a privilege, no matter if I understand the reason or not.
AND IN OTHER NEWS: Going to try cutting wheat out of my diet. Let's see how long this could ever last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment